1809 Hedge House Museum
The 1809 Hedge House is one of Plymouth's finest examples of Federal period architecture, featuring octagonal rooms in the mainblock, and a rare, intact carriage house. Built by sea captain William Hammatt, the house was originally located on Court St., where Memorial Hall is today. In 1830, merchant Thomas Hedge purchased the house and added a three-story ell to accommodate his large family.
From its current Water Street location, the Hedge House Museum overlooks scenic Plymouth harbor. Period rooms reveal the richness of 19th century social and domestic life, with China Trade treasures, American furnishings, paintings, textiles, and toys on display. The Rose T. Briggs Memorial Garden features brick pathways and flowering perennials.
Guided tours last approximately 30 minutes and are available seasonally.